A national supply chain and logistics company, based out of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Our client delivers enhanced logistics performance for manufacturers and distributors by simplifying the supply chain, promoting supplier compliance, improving transportation effectiveness, and increasing cash flow.
For those not as familiar with supply chain logistics, the challenges are interesting because you get a lot of data, but then have to ask yourself, “Can I trust the data? Is the data any good?” Bad logistics data is rampant. So mining the data, taking measurements, defining accuracy and making a repeatable solution is key to success. This process is imperative, not only with internal operations at the company, but it allows the customer to better understand their data, looking for anomalies and opportunities for increased efficiencies.
Our client, with their emphasis on providing exceptional customer service, decided to attack the challenge of providing customers with more tools so they can have the same visibility operations has. Putting that kind of power into the customer’s hands is remarkable in several facets: more timely information allowing for more rapid response to challenges and opportunities; no additional cost borne on to the operations department due to the necessity of creating new reports and queries; and more ownership on the data itself – just to name a few. In 2014 our client called upon Momentum3, partnering with them to find and implement the best solution.
The goals for this initiative included:
- Provide a web-based self-service reporting solution that gives the customer the ability to create any report they desire, along with canned reports and drilldowns that are needed on a recurring basis.
- Utilize the best breed of web technologies, making the information derived consumable and informative through the use of charts and graphs along with download capabilities.
- Create a responsive design to enable reporting access from any device. This was very important knowing that users’ expectations have changed as they have become accustomed to immediate access to information from multiple devices.
- Take existing (legacy) reports and convert them into the new solution for continued availability.
- Lastly, to have customizable dashboards available, providing customers a rich set of information, available at a glance.
Momemtum3 teamed up with the operations and technology departments to methodically devise the best solution. This process started with thorough requirements gathering, both internally as well as with a cross section of the customer base, ensuring the “right” features and services were identified. Also, M3 assisted in creating a competitive analysis of the supply chain solutions market, helping create a compelling solution and providing yet another distinctive in this market space for the client.
The next phase of the project was tool selection. With the requirements and objectives now clearly in focus, M3 was able to confidently propose the implementation of a toolset that would provide real-time, web-based analytics functionality and have support, maintenance and upgrade options for the future. This proposed solution enabled their developers to continue focusing on their core application instead of being sidetracked while building (and later supporting) a reporting solution.
Once the tool was chosen, a methodical approach to implementation of the solution was devised:
- Solution Prototyping
- Ad Hoc Querying and Reporting Development
- Legacy Report Conversion and Dashboard Development
- New Dashboards and Drill Downs Development
This approach resulted in a successful completion of this implementation ahead of schedule and under budget.
The M3 Advantage
M3 led the project from start to finish with clear objectives and a full understanding of the client’s requirements made possible through communication, consultation, research and analysis. We are your partner. We are fully invested in your success. We are Momentum3.